Below is an overview of a complaint I have made to Payday Express. This issue has been ongoing for 18 months now and in that time, Payday Express have not replied.
I am currently trying to find out how much they charged me and why the debt collection agency they used managed to force through repayment on my debit card taking me massively overdrawn.
This is my contact with Payday Express so far: –
This is my latest e-mail sent on the 4th September 2012
Dear Sir or Madam,
I write regarding the above reference. Can I ask why you will not provide me with the requested information? I have been more than patient since I first contacted you nearly 18 months ago.
I would like to know the following: –
1. The date my account was defaulted.
2. The name of the Debt Collection Agency you referred my account to.
3. How much my original loan was, how much interest was due and how much additional interest was charged, including any fees for none payment and default.
4. Why the debt collection agency you employed forced through the debit card payment? This took my account seriously overdrawn and due to my financial difficulties at the time, that account also ended up with a default due to the actions of the debt collection agency.
5. I would like a copy of your complaints procedure.
I do hope that you will respond. I have not yet reported your company to the OFT because I am very patient, and I have also been very busy sorting out my finances. However this really will be your final chance to put things right.
Should you not respond, then I shall complain to the Financial Ombudsman and will ensure that they are aware of my treatment.
This is the e-mail I sent on the 13th July 2011
Dear Sir or Madam,
I have yet to receive a reply to the questions below.
On that basis, please send me details of your complaints procedure as I understand that PDE now falls under the remit of the Financial Ombudsman.
This will be the last time I make contact and if I do not receive a reply I will make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman without further reference to PDE.
This is my initial e-mail sent on the 23rd February 2011
I recently had an account with PDE which fell into Default and was subsequently paid.
I would like to know what charges were added to this account (not the interest).
The reason I am asking for this information is because I will look to reclaim them as the interest charge alone more than covers any costs PDE incur as a result of my actions.
I have also written to Payday Express but yes you guessed correctly, I didn’t receive a reply. Stay tuned for more updates.